Following is the February 2022 installment of “Afghanistan Terrorism Report”—the first piece in this series. The authors provide a monthly analysis concerning the developing terrorist threat in Afghanistan as well as a comprehensive overview of that month’s al-Qaeda and ISIS-K propaganda.
Since the withdrawal of international forces from Afghanistan in August 2021, the country has transformed into a permissible space for terror organizations. A significant number of al-Qaeda affiliates in Afghanistan (i.e., al-Qaeda core, al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent, the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, the Islamic Jihad Group, the Turkistan Islamic Party (former known as the East Turkestan Islamic Movement or ETIM)) as well as fighters from Pakistani based al-Qaeda affiliates (i.e., Lashkar-e Taiba, Jaish-i Mohammad, or the Tehrik-i Taliban Pakistan (TTP)) continue to operate in the country. This situation is exacerbated by the fact that despite the Taliban’s claims that they would not allow Afghanistan to be used for terrorist operations abroad, the symbiotic relationship between al-Qaeda and the Taliban, managed by the Haqqani Network, persists. Furthermore, ISIS-K has developed into the main ideological rival of the Taliban in Afghanistan and continues to have aspirations for terrorist operations beyond the immediate region. Afghanistan remains one of the most active spaces for global terrorist activities and therefore requires close monitoring.
In February, al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri released a new video clearly demonstrating that he views Afghanistan as a staging ground for his ongoing global fight against the West. He, as did his predecessor Osama bin Laden, swore personal bayat (loyalty oath) to each new leader of the Taliban, from Mullah Omar, to Mullah Akhtar Mansour, to the current leader Haibatullah Akhundzada. Thus, the al-Qaeda network, its members, and its sympathizers perceive the Taliban’s takeover in Afghanistan as their success as well and are emboldened. Zawahiri’s framing of this development in the latest video highlights the continuing risks of attacks against western interests around the world.
The death of several leaders and operatives over the past few years have contributed to the current lull in al-Qaeda-linked terror attacks in Europe and the United States as did COVID-19 restrictions. However, experts also believe that this pause is a deliberate effort by al-Qaeda’s leadership not to compromise the Taliban’s efforts to gain international recognition. Regardless, this position may change. Since the rise of ISIS, al-Qaeda has competed for attention from terror sympathizers worldwide, including via rival affiliates in most conflict regions of the globe. With a new operational safe space in Afghanistan, this potential hesitation not to embarrass the Taliban may only be temporary—especially since the Taliban have not undertaken any noticeable efforts to control al-Qaeda-linked fighters in Afghanistan or publicly disavowed their ties to the group.
The close link between the Taliban and al-Qaeda is also conveyed in the February edition of al-Qaeda magazine’s “Ummah Wāḥidah.” The editorial of the magazine praises the Taliban regime as a functional alternative to democratic governments, maintaining the conceptual framework of the Taliban as a government while al-Qaeda presents as a global terrorist vanguard. The magazine also features an article on Ahmad Shah Massoud, the former leader of the Northern Alliance and depicts him as an instrument of the West as well as a traitor to the Afghan resistance movement. This is clearly an effort to delegitimize the National Resistance Front of Afghanistan (NRF), the last remaining non-terrorist opposition group against the Taliban. The NRF is led by Ahmad Massoud, the son of Ahmad Shah Massoud. According to media reports, the NRF continues to operate cells in Afghanistan but is currently unable to present a serious challenge to Taliban rule.
ISIS-K, ISIS’s branch in Afghanistan, has always been a key affiliate of ISIS’s global network. Rather than establishing an affiliate in Afghanistan based on existing local group structures, ISIS core in Iraq and Syria in 2014 sent a group of envoys to Afghanistan to build this affiliate from the ground up. It is no surprise that the tactics ISIS currently employs in Afghanistan closely mirror tactics used in Iraq and Syria. As shown in ISIS’s Al-Naba newsletters and Amaq statements as well as ISIS online chatter monitored by the Counter Extremism Project (CEP), this strategy has three core elements in Afghanistan: instilling fear through raids on Taliban officials and security forces, assassinations as well as an attempt to exacerbate sectarian tensions, and delegitimizing the existing governance structure. Therefore, the newsletters highlight these events with pictures of dead Taliban officials. Additionally, the Shiite community in Afghanistan, the Hazaras, are referred to using the derogatory Rafidi (those who refuse) and their religious festivals, such as Ashura, are criticized. Moreover, Taliban contacts to Iran are presented are further evidence of the ideological heresy of the current regime in Afghanistan.
ISIS-K presents itself online as the ideologically correct alternative to the “apostate Taliban” regime—a term used in a Telegram post on February 19. ISIS propaganda continues to call out the Taliban’s meetings with government representatives from China, Russia, Pakistan, and France, chastising what ISIS describes as Taliban nationalism. ISIS-K propaganda’s strategy to delegitimize the Taliban acts to limit the any ideological moderation of the Taliban regime. Faced with an ideological rival within Afghanistan, ISIS-K, whose membership consists to a considerable extent of disgruntled Taliban, will continue to receive defectors from the Taliban regime and will present both an external as well as an internal threat to the Taliban.
ISIS propaganda and chatter tries to portray the image of a group that can operate in most regions of Afghanistan. In addition to reports about attacks and assassinations in Kunar and Nangarhar Provinces, the area in Afghanistan where ISIS-K holds most active fighters, ISIS propaganda also claims operations in Kunar and Takhar Provinces in the north of Afghanistan as well as Helmand Province in the south of the country. Interestingly, ISIS propaganda material also regularly highlights killings of the group in Peshawar, Pakistan, demonstrating that the group maintains an operations wing responsible for attacks outside Afghanistan. Given that the group also recruited members from the Tehrik-i Taliban Pakistan (TTP), this is not surprising.
February 2022 Content
- Al-Qaeda Zawahiri Video, “Deal of the Century or Crusade of the Century? Episode 4”
- Al-Qaeda Magazine “Ummah Wāḥidah,” Published February 19, 2022
- ISIS Al-Naba Newsletters
- Sample of Pro-ISIS Online Chatter
- ISIS Amaq Statements
I. Al-Qaeda Zawahiri Video, “Deal of the Century or Crusade of the Century? Episode 4,” Released on February 15
Zawahiri briefly mentioned Afghanistan in a list of scenarios that pitted al-Qaeda against the West and allied countries. The address focused on the concept of how the Muslim world should be united against the West and their allies, the concept of nationalism, and any government that would consider Muslim held territory negotiable.
“And who fought against the Muslim Ummah in Afghanistan? The thugs of the Kabul regime or the Americans and Europeans united in an alliance of 50 states that includes Egypt, the Emirates, Jordan, and Turkey?”
II. Al-Qaeda Magazine “Ummah Wāḥidah,” Published February 19, 2022
- Praises the Taliban as a functional alternative to democratic governments
- The editorial congratulates the people of Afghanistan on fighting the U.S. and its allies in the country in “over twenty years of blood, tears, and pain.”
- Muslims from all over the world fought against the West in Afghanistan, especially fighters from Pakistan, and their sacrifices should be remembered and celebrated.
- The editorial expresses the hope that:
- The Taliban will lead by example and build a solid Shariah system.
- The Taliban will build a strong regional military force, including using military equipment that the U.S. and other countries left behind.
- That the Afghan educational system will develop and facilitate the growth of the Afghan economy in line with Islamic principles, which will eliminate hunger and poverty for “all sects, minorities and races.”
- Another article states that the U.S.’s last act in Afghanistan was the killing of ten civilians, including seven children, in a drone strike in Kabul.
- A separate article claims that the Taliban outlawed the cultivation of drugs, but that the U.S. invested in and supported the cultivation of poppies.
- An article on Ahmed Shah Masood and the Northern Alliance:
- “The Northern Alliance is a recurring phenomenon”
- Masood was a U.S. client and was granted authority by the CIA to capture or kill Osama bin Laden.
- Masood portrayed himself as fighting against Islamic extremism in Afghanistan and demanded U.S. intervention in the country.
- “That is, he put himself, his movement, Europe and America on one side, and the fundamentalists, including the Islamic Emirate and Al-Qaeda, on the opposite side. Thus, he destroyed all his previous history of resistance to the Russians and the communists, so why is the fight against the Russians and the communists considered a jihad in the way of God to expel them from Afghanistan?”
- “The Northern Alliance became the main fighting force for the Americans, and the Americans enabled them in the Kabul government until today, and they are the ones who demanded and are still asking the Americans not to leave.”
III. ISIS Al-Naba Newsletters
ISIS Al-Naba Newsletter, Edition 324, Published February 3, 2022
- “A Taliban member was killed and another wounded by the Mujahideen's bullets in (Kunar)”
“By the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate targeted on Sunday (27 Jumada al-Akhirah) two elements of the apostate Taliban militia, in the village of (Bisht) in the (Raskanu) district of (Kunar), with automatic weapons, which led to the killing of one of them and the injury of the other, and praise be to God.”
“The soldiers of the Caliphate in Khorasan had killed and wounded about 20 during the past week in the ranks of the Rafidah, the polytheists, and destroyed a bus that was carrying them. They also killed and wounded eight members of the Taliban militia, in four separate operations.”
ISIS Al-Naba Newsletter, Edition 325, Published February 10, 2022
- “A Taliban element was killed and two rifles and a pistol seized in a raid in (Peshawar)”
- “Khorasan Province”
“The soldiers of the Caliphate in Khorasan this week killed five elements of the Taliban militia and burned the house of one of their leaders and took five guns from them. The assassinations were distributed over the areas of (Nangarhar), (Kunduz), (Kunar), (Takhar), and spread to (Peshawar) on the border.”
- “Capture and kill an element of the Taliban militia in (Kama) area in (Nangarhar)”
- “3 Taliban and Pakistani police killed”
“In detail, the Caliphate source said, on Thursday (2 Rajab) that special soldiers raided the house of an element of the apostate Taliban militia, in the (Khair Pakhtunkhwa) area of (Peshawar), and killed him with pistol shots, and took two rifles and a pistol from his house.
The source added that the mujahideen clashed on their way back with a checkpoint set up by the apostate Pakistani police, killing two of them and wounding a third, and they returned to their positions safely, praise be to God.”
- “3 Taliban killed and their guns seized in Takhar and Kunduz”
“On the same day, the soldiers of the Caliphate attacked a checkpoint of the apostate Taliban militia, in the city of (Talqan) in the (Takhar) region, with automatic weapons, which led to the killing of two of them, and the Mujahideen seized their two rifles and returned to their positions safely, praise be to God. They also killed a third element of the militia, in the (Imam Sahib) area in (Kunduz), after attacking him in Al-Sakani, and they also took advantage of his rifle, praise be to God.”
- “Seizing two rifles in an attack on a checkpoint of the Taliban militia in (Talqan)”
- “Taliban killed in Nangarhar”
“From (Kunduz) to (Nanjarhar), where on Tuesday (6 Rajab) the soldiers of the Caliphate captured an element of the apostate Taliban militia, in the (Kama) area, and shot him with a pistol, killing him, praise be to God.”
- “Burning the house of a Taliban leader in Kunar”
“A source told (Al-Naba) that Khas and about other attacks, the soldiers of the Caliphate said that on Wednesday (1/ Rajab) the house of a leader in the Taliban militia in the Deokal area in (Kunar), which caused great losses and material damage, praise be to God.
The source added that the mujahideen killed the next day, Thursday, an apostate rafidah, after his capture weeks ago in the city (Kunduz), and praise be to God.”
“The soldiers of the Caliphate had killed an element of the Taliban during the past week and wounded another element in an armed attack in the (Kunar) area.”
- “Funeral of the Pakistani police killed in clashes with the Mujahideen in (Peshawar)”
ISIS Al-Naba Newsletter, Edition 326, Published February 17, 2022
- “Two members were wounded, and a barracks and several homes for the Taliban militia were damaged in Kunar”
“The soldiers of the Caliphate attacked a barracks of the Taliban militia this week, injuring two members there, as well as causing material damage to eight homes of militia members, in two separate attacks in (Kunar).”
- “Attacking a Taliban barracks in Kunar”
“In the details, by the grace of God Almighty, on Monday (13/ Rajab) the soldiers of the Caliphate attacked a barracks of the apostate Taliban militia, in the (Suki) area of (Kunar), with machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades, which led to the injury of two personnel and damage to the barracks, and praise be to God.”
- “Targeting Taliban homes”
“Regarding another operation on the same day, a special source told (Al-Naba) that the soldiers of the Caliphate targeted eight houses owned by Taliban elements, in the same area, with light and medium weapons, and inflicted material damage on them, before they returned to their positions safely, praise be to God.”
“The soldiers of the Caliphate in Khorasan had killed, during the past week, five elements of the Taliban militia, and burned the house of one of their leaders, and took advantage of five rifles from them. It was distributed over the areas of (Nangarhar), (Kunduz), (Kunar), (Takhar) and extended to the border (Peshawar).”
ISIS Al-Naba Newsletters Edition 327, Published February 24, 2022
- “10 Taliban killed and wounded, including a leader, by Mujahideen fire in Khorasan”
“This week, the soldiers of the Caliphate in Khorasan killed and wounded ten Taliban militia, including a leader, and damaged their vehicles, and they also killed a Rafidi apostate, with three armed operations in the regions of (Nangarhar) and (Helmand).”
- “9 dead and wounded Taliban in an ambush in (Nangarhar)”
“In the details, by the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate set up an armed ambush on Tuesday (14 Rajab) a vehicle carrying a leader of the apostate Taliban militia, in the village of Hazar Naw in the Mahmandra district of Nangarhar, where they targeted it with automatic weapons, killing seven members, wounding another element and damaging the vehicle, praise be to God.”
- “A Rafidi and a Taliban member were killed in (Helmand)”
“With regard to the assassination operations, the mujahideen targeted on Saturday (18th Rajab) a Rafidi apostate, in the Nad Ali area in (Helmand), with pistol shots, which led to his killing. From the apostate Taliban militia, in the same area, which led to his death, praise be to God.”
The soldiers of the Caliphate in Khorasan had attacked, during the past week, a barracks of the Taliban militia, injuring two members there, as well as causing material damage to eight homes of militia members, in two separate attacks in (Kunr).”
IV. Sample of Pro-ISIS Online Chatter
- February 1: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, claiming that the Taliban are working with Pakistani intelligence to destroy ISIS and the Pakistani Taliban
“#khurasan #Taliban _ apostate Pakistan intelligence branch. The account of Zahid Hamid, the top intelligence officer of the apostate Pakistani army, confirmed that the apostate Taliban and the Pakistani army are working together against not only the Islamic State, but also to eliminate the high command of the Pakistani Taliban militia one by one.
We recall that Zahid Hamid is a prominent member of the Pakistani ISI intelligence, and he did not tweet about falsehood, and his account is full of pictures of the dead leaders of the Pakistani Taliban militia, and he brags about killing them on Afghan soil with the direct support of their Afghan branch: the apostate Taliban.
The goal: to kill the leaders who are hostile to peace and replace them with a copy of the ‘Pakistani Mullah Brader’, a taming that is in effect if it is achieved, then it will be completely eliminated by a joint operation.
But if you believe in the jurisprudence of patchwork, you will pass in peace like the apostate Kasasbi. Or make yourself dead like a fragment of the apostate base.”
- February 1: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, claim that the Taliban are working with Pakistani and Iranian intelligence agencies to kill specific individuals in Afghanistan
“#khurasan. The intelligence activity of #Pakistan and #Iran flourished under the rule of their branch #TalibanPashtun in #Afghanistan. The death of political refugees from #Iran and #Pakistan in #Afghanistan during the past four days, Khaled Al-Saeedi from Iran, Raziq Mundayi from #Pakistan. The Taliban Pashtun militia warned their families not to share the matter through social media or the media.
We will remind you of a previous post about the prosperity of the work of the intelligence branches married to the #TalibanPashtun militia. #Keep your agitation on”
- February 3: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, criticizing the Taliban for meeting with Shiite leaders
“#khurasan. Representatives of the Afghan Rafidah, led by the polytheist Hussein Balkhi, met with the Minister of the apostate Taliban militia Khalil Haqqani. At the meeting, the Rafidah again demanded recognition of the polytheistic Ja`fari jurisprudence, and they also demanded the use of polytheistic jurisprudence in solving and dealing with the problems of the Akure Bani Radhadi Hazara. The apostate Khalil promised the representatives of the Rawafid that they (# the apostate Taliban) would cooperate with them and arrange a meeting with the apostate Sirajuddin Haqqani (Minister of Interior).”
- February 5: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, accusing the Taliban of agreeing to U.S. requests to protect the Kabul airport and helping in evacuations in August
“#khurasan. From the Pentagon report on the operation of Brother Abd al-Rahman al-Lughari - may God accept him - they reveal that they asked the apostate Taliban militia to support them by protecting and evacuating the Crusaders and their apostate agents.. and that was done.”
- February 6: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, condemning the Taliban for expressing concern regarding the unrest in Kazakhstan and proclaiming the desire for peace
“#khurasan. The apostate, the official spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the apostate Taliban militia tweeted; Abdul Qahar Balkhi, on the situation in Kazakhstan, said that the militia is concerned about the recent turmoil in Kazakhstan, and asks the leviathan government and the demonstrators to resolve the crisis peacefully and sit at the dialogue table. It considers the peaceful apostate militia and the stability of countries as its idol.”
- February 7: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, accusing the Taliban of lying about the number of ISIS fighters killed or surrendered
“#khurasan. The government of the Ghani Leviathan used to announce almost every day that dozens of soldiers of the Islamic State had surrendered a lie, as an injection of warning and calming its initiator, then it became a habit and a series whose episodes increased until boredom.
So the government of the tyrant went and was succeeded by the apostate Taliban militia. and as soon as they understood how to operate the buttons of the flags, they completed the series of surrendering the soldiers of the Caliphate, today five and tomorrow twenty, and the number increases and decreases.
If we count the number of those who surrendered from the era of the tyrant to the day of the apostate. We find that the number of surrendering is about a quarter of the country's population!!
Note that the apostate Taliban used to say and do not show pictures, so when she was severely flogged she rubbed the place of the skin from pain and said we show pictures.
I wish she hadn't, then the matter developed into video clips... sarcasm, farce, theatrical play. All of these do not deserve to be described, as they are more merciful and lighter.
Even the response to these nonsense has become degrading.
How do you respond to a crying child in a creative way, ‘If the beating intensified, he laughed.’”
- February 7: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, criticizing the Taliban for declaring that they want diplomatic relations with France, pro-ISIS claim that the French are “the largest racist people in the world” for their hatred of Muslims
“‘We want to have diplomatic relations with the French government in accordance with international law like normal countries.’
Taliban spokesman - Zabihullah Mujahid
‘We want to have diplomatic relations with the French Government in accord with international law like normal countries.’
Taliban spokesman - Zabihullah Mujahid
Youtube interview link
They want relations with the largest racist people in the world. No people are superior to them in their hatred of Islam, and no people are ahead of them in their war against Islam in particular.
Al-Sururiya and the apostate Brotherhood are like the apostate Al-Qaeda organization, you have dark days for patching up, and your disregard for the apostate members of your great pledge does not make it expire, you scumbags.”
- February 10: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, criticizing the Taliban for meeting with the Chinese ambassador, and criticizing Haqqani for supporting closer relations
“#khurasan. The Buddhist Wang Yu, the Chinese ambassador to Afghanistan, met today with Mukhabarat Sirajuddin Haqqani, the acting head of the Ministry of Interior of the apostate Taliban militia and its de facto ruler.
The apostate Ministry of Interior said in a statement that the intelligence officer, Haqqani, stressed the need to strengthen positive relations between the two countries, and the infidel Wang Yu said that China stands by the apostate Taliban.”
- February 10: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, criticizing the Taliban’s Deputy Prime Minister for stating that Afghanistan was a ‘common home’ for all Afghans regardless of religion, while accusing the Taliban of cracking down on Salafis and Wahhabis
“#khurasan. The Deputy Prime Minister of the apostate Taliban militia, Mullah Abdul Kabir, said in a meeting with the leading disciples of the polytheistic Rawafid that Afghanistan is a common home for all Afghans, and no one should feel alienated in this country. Except for the Salafis and the Wahhabis, of course.”
- February 10: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, decrying celebrations in Afghanistan commemorating the Iranian revolution, and accusing the Shiite minority of gaining power
“#khurasan. Today, in #Afghanistan, the celebration of the anniversary of the revolution in Iran began, within the framework of the ‘Fajr’ festival. The event was attended by representatives of the Rafidah cultists, and one of them, Abbas Khasenzadeh, said that the victory of Afghanistan over the Soviet Union was achieved thanks to this revolution.
Meetings were also held in honor of the 43rd anniversary of the revolution at Kabul University. This event was not only celebrated, but exceeded by commemorating the death of Majusi Soleimani.
The Rafidah minority under the rule of the apostate Taliban militia continues to gain more and more weight and activity in Afghan society, all this to the eyes of the Rafidah Majus of Iran.”
- February 11: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, mocking the Taliban for not receiving the holdings of the Afghan central bank
“#khurasan. The crying and wailing of the apostate Taliban militia is like the sound of braying because of the impalement of the infidel Biden”
- February 11: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, stating that the Taliban’s first deputy prime minister has a relationship with the U.S. CIA
“#khurasan. The crusade and apostate intelligence of the apostate Taliban militia. The apostate Mullah Baradar's personality and his relationship with the CIA. The apostate had held back-channel talks with the Afghan government when Mullah Dadullah - then Emir of the Taliban - said that he would not allow any negotiations with the Afghan government and would cut off the head of every shameless person who dared to do so. Barader was more influential in his suspicious relationship with the intelligence services than the Ghani leviathan.”
- February 11: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, stating that the Taliban offers protection to religious minorities, non-Muslims, former government soldiers and those accused of immorality, but offers “no pity” to Salafis
“If you are misguided, infidel, polytheistic Rafidi, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist, atheist, secular, Soldier or officer of the former tyrant regime, Democrat, Crucial blonde pregnant fornication, The Apostate Taliban welcomes you and wishes you a pleasant stay under protection and guarantee.
But if you are a Salafi monotheist, then the killing of 'Ad and the war of the Kharijites, there is no mercy, no pity, no trial, not even a woman, a child or a wounded person. The apostate Al-Qaeda pledged allegiance to the great pledge of allegiance.”
- February 11: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, stating that universities in Afghanistan are celebrating the anniversary of the Iranian revolution, and that Afghan Shiites are participating in the ceremony in Tehran
#Khorasan - #Persia. The apostate Taliban universities' celebration of the Rafidi victory coincided with the participation of members of the Rafidi Fatemiyoun Militia, consisting of the Hazaras of Afghanistan, in the victory celebration in Tehran. Militia that kills Sunnis in #Sham and #Iraq
#Notice: The audio has been removed because the first syllable (# Cable) contains the pagan anthem of the Magi, and the second (# Tehran) is a rejectionist anthem.”
- February 12: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, stating that the Taliban admitted to relations with Iran since their founding, and that they have pledged to protect Iranians and use international law if there are problems between the two countries.
“#khurasan. The apostate's confessions that they had relations with the ‘Islamic Republic of Iran’ as they were and still call it, during the era of the first Taliban, and that they consider the Magi, the democrats and the secular around their idolized homeland ‘Muslims and Muslim countries,’ and he pledges to protect the share of the polytheistic Rafidah from the waters of Khorasan, and if problems arise, they will be Solve it by infidel ‘international laws,’ dialogue and understanding. A simple sample of the parents of the apostate Al-Qaeda and their great pledge of allegiance.”
- February 14: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, criticizing the Taliban for allegedly offering protections to minority groups, but cracking down on Salafism and Wahhabism
“#khurasan. Again, if you are a Majusi, a polytheist, a Crusader, an innovator, a Pashtun, and if you are an atheist, a Sikh, then welcome to the idol of the apostate #Taliban, and woe to you, then woe to you if you are a Salafi or a Wahhabi. Repentance for the first and the murder of the second.”
- February 15: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, stating that the Taliban allow the celebration of various non-Muslim holidays, and allow Iranian celebrations
Celebrations of the apostate Taliban militia since it took power in Afghanistan:
Ashura (Rafidite holiday) ✅
Arba'inah (Rafidi feast) ✅
Yalda Night (The Feast of Zoroastrianism)✅
Condolences to the deceased Soleimani (rejected) ✅
The Rafidi Revolution Day ✅
Valentine's Day (Crusader) ✅”
- February 15: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, claim that the Taliban is organizing protests against the U.S. freezing of Afghan central bank funds, and alleging that the Taliban would renounce Osama bin Ladin if it meant getting some of the money back.
“#khurasan. The apostate Taliban militia is organizing protests in various cities of #Afghanistan, against the decision of the tyrant Biden to give frozen funds to the families of the dead and the disabled of the September 11 attacks. A little bit and they come out and disavow Osama and what he did.”
- February 19: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, criticizing al-Qaeda for their magazine release “Ummah Wāḥidah,” which praises the Taliban, who the poster states are supported by the west, is immoral and un-Islamic, kills Salafis, makes alliances with Shiites, Sufis, and non-Muslims, protects man made borders, are nationalists, and allow the celebration of Shiite holidays
“Fragmentation of the apostate base. They continued the humiliation, and every insult fell upon them. The shameless dedicate their new issue in their insignificant newspaper, its editorial, in praise of their apostate Taliban, and called its assumption of power with crusader support as a ‘victory for the entire Islamic nation.’
The apostate Taliban, which continues to declare day and night that it does not recognize the splinter.
The apostate Taliban, who said that they did not accept the ‘Great Allegiance’ to the group.
The apostate Taliban, who declared that his allegiance to him was in the dumps and was not accepted, but not even recognized by them.
The apostate Taliban who does not believe in Islam.
The apostate Taliban who does not rule in Islam.
The apostate Taliban that is fighting the followers of the approach of Salafism and killing the followers of the approach of the resurrected Imam to monotheism; Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab, may God have mercy on him, openly during the day and bragged about it in public.
The apostate Taliban that establishes treaties and alliances with the apostate state, the Crusader, secular, democratic, Buddhist and Hindu state.
The apostate Taliban that protects and guards the infidel borders
The apostate Taliban who worships nationalism to the core.
The apostate Taliban who watches over the security and protection of the infidels and polytheists, their temples and their infidel festivals.
The apostate Taliban who appeared to be infidels and apostates.”
- February 19: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, alleging that Pakistan and the Taliban are growing closer
“Pakistani officials rule out the possibility of any serious deterioration in relations with the apostate Taliban militia. As one of the officials said: ‘Our friendship is developing.’
- February 19: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, stating that the Taliban are limiting Wahhabism in Afghanistan
“#khurasan. The lords of the fragments of the apostate base who worship them with their great pledge of allegiance! They blaspheme the renewed sheikh, the destroyer of polytheism, Muhammad Ibn Abd al-Wahhab and the majority of the Salafis.
The apostate Sufi Depondian Maturidis blaspheme the monotheists and the Salafis and claim that they are on the Hanafi school of thought, and he is innocent of them. And if Abu Hanifah came out among them today, they would have fought him, fighting the Kharijites and the extremists. Except for the glory of God on the apostate base”
- February 20: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, accusing the Taliban of killing a doctor at a checkpoint in Kabul and previously killing a woman and wounding others at a checkpoint
“#khurasan. The hypocrisy of the apostate Taliban militia, they kill the dead man and walk in his funeral.
A few days ago, a doctor named Fadl Ahmed was shot dead at one of the checkpoints in Kabul for no reason, and after the protests, the apostate militia was forced to attend to promote media and calm the protesters and promised them to open an investigation.
It is reported that yesterday, a woman was killed and two others were wounded in the same way at a militia checkpoint, preceded by shootings at death checkpoints.”
- February 20: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, criticizing the Taliban’s Deputy Prime Minister for meeting with Shiite Afghan leaders
“#khurasan. The Deputy Prime Minister of the apostate Taliban militia, the apostate Abdul Salam Hanafi, held a meeting with the leaders of the polytheistic Rafidah in Afghanistan. The Rafidi leader of the apostate Taliban militia attended and the former Biman province ruled by the polytheist Allah Mahdi.
The apostate militia gives the name Mawlawi to the Rafidi dog, which means ‘a student of knowledge.’ A student of science of rejection, polytheism, and insulting the honorable Companions.”
- February 21: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, claim that the intelligence agencies of Iran, China, Russia, Pakistan, and Central Asian states are coordinating against ISIS-K and offering unspecified assistance to the Taliban.
“#khurasan. At a meeting in Islamabad on September 11, 2021, the intelligence chiefs of Iran, China, Russia, Pakistan and Central Asian countries agreed to ‘coordinate their efforts’ in their war against the Islamic State in Khorasan, and to assist the apostate Taliban militia in dealing with the threat. formed by the Unitarians. Pakistani officials told Asharq Al-Awsat that the Russians are particularly concerned about the Islamic State in northern Afghanistan, which borders Central Asia.
The matter is no longer confined to their alliance with the army of the Ghani tyrant government and America against the Islamic State in Nangarhar only. Rather, it has become an Asian alliance of infidels in every sense, with military and intelligence support from America and NATO. and financially from the apostate Gulf states and the Atheist United Nations Organization.
- February 23: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, stating that the Iranian Foreign Minister warned the Taliban’s Foreign Minister that Iran’s recognition of the Taliban was contingent on a multi-ethnic government
“Iranian Foreign Minister stated that during the recent visit of the apostate Taliban Foreign Minister Amir Khan Mottaki to Tehran, the apostate Taliban militia was frankly told that Iran's recognition (of the Taliban government) depends only on the formation of an inclusive government with the participation of all ethnic groups.”
- February 25: Element/Matrix post originally made on Telegram, claiming that the Taliban are forcibly searching homes in Kabul
“#khurasan. An enlarged security campaign by the apostate Taliban militia in Kabul, storming and forcibly searching houses, breaking and breaking doors and searching objects without taking into account the sanctity of homes or the sanctity of women.”
V. ISIS Amaq Statements
- February 3: ISIS claims to have killed a member of the Taliban in Peshawar
“Khorasan Province, by the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate targeted a member of the apostate Taliban militia, in the area of (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) in (Peshawar), with pistol shots, which led to his death. Their sites are safe, thank God.”
- February 5: ISIS claims to have killed a member of the Taliban in Kunduz in a knife attack
“Khorasan Province. With the help of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate killed a member of the apostate Taliban militia in (Imam Sahib) area in (Kunduz) the day before yesterday, after attacking him with a knife, and they took advantage of his gun, praise be to God.”
- February 5: ISIS claims to have attacked a Taliban checkpoint in Takhar, killing two
“Khorasan Province. With the help of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate attacked a checkpoint of the apostate Taliban militia, in the city of (Talqan) in (Takhar) the day before yesterday, and targeted them with automatic weapons, which led to the killing of two of them and the seizing of their weapons, and praise and favor be to God.”
- February 9: ISIS claims to have killed a member of the Taliban in Nangarhar with a pistol
“Khorasan Province. By the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate captured a member of the apostate Taliban militia, in (Kameh) area in (Nanjarhar) yesterday, and killed him with pistol shots, and praise be to God.”
- February 15: ISIS claims to have injured two members of the Taliban in an attack on a Taliban barracks in Kunar that also damaged the building
“Khorasan Province, by the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate attacked a barracks of the apostate Taliban militia, in the (Suki) area in (Kunar) yesterday, with machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades, which led to the injury of two members and damage to the barracks, and praise be to God.”
- February 16: ISIS claims to have killed 7 members of the Taliban and injured 2 in an attack on a leader’s vehicle in Nanjarhar
“Khorasan Province: 9 dead and wounded, including a leader of the apostate Taliban militia, in an ambush for the soldiers of the Caliphate in (Nanjarhar)”
“By the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate attacked a leadership mechanism in the apostate Taliban militia, in the village of Hazar Naw in the Mahmandra area in (Nanjarhar) the day before yesterday, and they targeted it with automatic weapons, which led to the killing of 7 members and wounding of 2 others, including the leader and the damage of the vehicle, praise be to God.”
- February 21: ISIS claims to have killed a member of the Taliban in Helmand
“Khorasan Province, by the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate targeted a member of the apostate Taliban militia, in (Nad Ali) area in (Helmand) yesterday, with pistol shots, which led to his death, praise be to God.”
- February 21: ISIS claims to have killed a Shiite individual in Helmand
“Khurasan, by the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate targeted a Rafidi apostate in (Nad Ali) area in (Helmand) the day before yesterday, with pistol shots, which led to his death, praise be to God.”
- February 25: ISIS claims to have attacked a Taliban barracks in Kunar, damaging the facility
“Khurasan Province, by the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate attacked a barracks of the apostate Taliban militia, in the (Suki) area in (Knar) the day before yesterday, with machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades, which led to the damage of the barracks, and the mujahideen returned to their positions safely, and praise be to God.”
- February 27: ISIS claims to have killed a member of the Taliban in Kunduz with a handgun
“Khorasan Province, by the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate targeted a member of the apostate Taliban militia, in the (Jhartaq) area in (Kunduz), with pistol shots, which led to his killing and the seizing of his weapon, and praise be to God.”