"Alternative Pathways Conference: The Rehabilitation and Reintegration of Extremism-Related Offenders"
On October 12, 2023, the Counter Extremism Project (CEP)—with support from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—hosted an in-person event at the National Press Club in Washington, DC with leading experts in the fields of rehabilitation and reintegration.
Speakers and panelists explored trauma and violence in rehabilitation and reintegration programs and how to reform in-prison and post-release programming for convicted violent extremists and terrorists.
This event is part of CEP’s Alternative Pathways program, an in-community reentry and recidivism reduction initiative focused on those susceptible to radicalization in prison or those convicted of terrorism-related offenses. Visit www.4rnetwork.org/prison-resources to learn more.
- Opening Remarks
- Panel I: "Setting the Stage: Rehabilitating and Reintegrating Extremist Offenders in Other Contexts"
- Panel II: "Rehabilitating and Reintegrating Extremist Offenders in the United States: What is Being Done?"
- Panel III: "Reforming In-Prison and Post-Release Programming for Violent Extremism-Related Offenders" (Not Recorded)
- Panel IV: "Trauma, Violence, and Rehabilitation and Reintegration Programs"
- Panel V: "What Works? Evidence-Based Mechanisms"